PDR Electronic Library
The PDR Electronic Library (PDR-EL) was the most significant early career initiative that I managed from concept through to market delivery. This had a number of significant components:
- Built the first Windows version of PDR- EL (1995).
- Introduced PDR-EL to physicians. Previously it had only been available at an institutional price of $995 per installation. (1996)
- Licensed content from leading medical publishers and others to include on the physician version of PDR-EL on a "try before you buy" basis.
- Developed creative assets including packaging, CD design, direct mail, and other promotional assets.
- Set-up a 3rd=party call center to process orders and trained call center staff.
I led a cross-functional team of more than 50 people on this project. We beat our goals and delivered more than 50,000 PDR-EL CD-ROMs in 1996 and both the product and the commercial offer were continued by PDR for many years.